Following the enactment of the Multimodal Transportation of Goods Act, 1993, AMTOI (Association of Multimodal Operators of India) was established on 2nd December 1998.
The association is registered in Mumbai with Chapters in NRC, ERC, SRC and WRC.
AMTOI is the only Pan India trade body in shipping and logistics industry with current membership strength of over 300 MTOs across India registered with D.G. Shipping along with important associate members like CFS operators, tank container operators, ship owners, shipping agents, and Air Freight operators.
Under the patronage of AMTOI, various councils, namely NVOCC council, Liquid Logistics council, Youth Council and Women’s Wing etc. have been formed to provide assistance to these segments of the industry.
The main objects of the Association are
- To organize Multimodal Transport Operators at national level
- To study the issues faced by MTOs and seek resolution with appropriate authorities
- To promote multimodal transport services in Domestic and foreign trade
- To improve the quality of such services and reduce transaction costs
- To facilitate Skill Development for Logistics Sector
- To Promote implementation of Cargo Community System